Search This Blog

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Don't leave out your own retirement!

I don't know about you but I don't want to work for ever! I would strongly suggest looking into a 401k, I.R.A or Roth I.R.A. If your employer offers a program USE IT especially if they match you will need the money if your every want to retire! I put the maximum in my account.
I know the economy is bad and stocks are viewed as risky but If you are young enough the risks are not as bad as you might think. The gain can be enormous if you plan on a long investment.
FACT: the longer your money is invested the more you will get in the end SO START YOUNG!  Definatly look for a investment calculator and play with the amounts and years invested you will be surprised!
I look at it like this if you don't stick your foot in the road it won't get ran over, but you can't get across the street! That said don't put all your money in one investment (Look both ways before you cross)!
I believe the market will either get better or its gonna get really bad in this country for anybody that does not have a trust fund. so I figure what I put in will grow or it won't really matter!
MY ONLY REGRET AS FAR AS INVESTING FOR RETIREMENT IS I DID NOT START EARLY ENOUGH.   I  Started my 401k at age 26 wish I would have started at 18 or sooner!

I am not an expert. and I incurage you to get an experts advice when investing! but if I have convinced you to talk to an expert I have done what I started out to do with this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment